Wish to attract more traffic on your site? Are you using the right keywords? Ensure correct keyword stuffing in your content for better traffic on the website but What are these keywords? How do you find these keywords? Here’s everything that you need to know about keywords.
What exactly is a keyword?
Keywords in general is a normal word that has been typed for a search. You’ll hear short keywords or long tail keywords quite often. A short keyword is a one word that has been used for finding the specific thing. A long tail keyword is a mixture of 2-3 words which is searched very rarely. If you feel your site is not driving the desired traffic you should look into your search term analysis.
WHAT IS A KEYWORD RESEARCH AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
It’s analysis is a deep study of a particular keyword. What is its search volume? How people are reacting to a particular key phrase is all we get to know in a keywords analysis. A SEO analyst knows it well how mystifying a keyword research can be.
What is relevant to your topic, what people are searching for and how your site will rank depends majorly on the selection of right keywords.
Research for your keywords this way:
There are several free keyword tools available to make your analysis smooth. Grow your online presence with the correct keywords and here’s how you can do that:
Know more about your topic, find a tool that can help you in analyzing key phrase, metrics don’t lie, focus on the metrics, compare it with your competitors and choose your keywords. Concluding it this way,
- What is your topic?
- A keyword research tool is important.
- SERPs are your best friend!
- Focus on the metrics.
- Compare and choose the keywords.
- Reach: You want to attract more and more traffic to your site right? So a keyword with adequate reach is the one that is needed to be selected while analyzing the keywords.
- Location and audience: sometimes people search for a word within their lo0cation. For instance “best bookstore near me” or “best bookstore in Delhi” consist of more than a word and thus known as a long tail keyword. Keep in mind the audience and location metrics for such keywords.
- Search volume: here’s when the game changes. A keyword with higher searches will provide the desired traffic. A word with 40 searches cannot be considered as a good keyword for driving a huge audience to your site.
- Keyword density: you probably have searched a keyword that is highly searched and is relating with your business as well. But what if it is so difficult to bring on the top of the charts?
- Conversion rates: checkout the conversion rates as well. A keyword with low conversion rates can not give you adequate sales.
- Cost per clicks: keep an eye on your paid advertising campaigns. Will this particular keyword attract the customer you are looking for? If yes, go for it. If not, search a better relevant keyword.
This is how you decide the final keyword for your website
The above tasks are well managed by a SEO specialist. If you are new to this or finds it hard, you can always seek help from a Digital marketing Agency. The proficient team accomplishes the goal effectively.
Tips For Keyword Research:
- Make a list of broad topics relevant to your topic.
- Expand each topic with a list of phrases you think your customers use.
- Find related search terms.
- Analyze the strength of your keywords.
- Determine how you rank in your industry.
- Verify search intent.